Surprisingly, there are lots of white and some brown fruits in the world. From small berries to larger exotic fruits, you can find white, brown, or tan fruits almost everywhere.
Although these may not be as appealing to your taste buds as their purple, red, or yellow counterparts, they still include a lot of beneficial properties for your body and should be incorporated into your daily diet.
So, let’s have a look at the list of individual fruits, and you can learn more about their health benefits at the end of this article.
LIST OF WHITE & TAN/BROWN FRUITS
Dragon Fruit (White Fleshed)
Guava (White Fleshed)
IMAGE GALLERY OF WHITE & TAN/BROWN FRUITS
DRAGON FRUIT (WHITE FLESHED)
GUAVA (WHITE FLESHED)
BENEFITS OF WHITE & TAN/BROWN FRUITS
White-fleshed food, in general, is not considered to be very tasty and at the same time healthy by the general public. However, this is a false consideration.
- EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate)
The best part? You can add white fruits to smoothies, salads, and juices. Did you know that white African baobab fruit is a very potent antioxidant?
Let´s have a look at benefits of individual substances.
Beta-glucans are special polysaccharides (sugars) that provide several health benefits:
- Support immune system
- Promote white cells
- Protect your body against and limits cancer
- Reduce cholesterol levels
- Provide anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties
The best source of beta-glucans in the group of white, tan, or brown fruits are dates. These are easily available all over the world.
EGCG (EPIGALLOCATECHIN GALLATE)
EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) is most commonly found in green tea and comes with many health benefits:
- It provides a potent androgenic action
- It protects your body against cancer
- It alters body fat levels
- Catechins are natural antioxidants
Although there are only trace amounts of this substance in fruits, these will be a great addition that could help your body.
Resveratrol is a type of natural phenol that regenerates the body all the way at the cellular level. It comes with many health benefits:
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Lowers the rate of diabetes
- Helps with liver problems
- Promotes insulin sensitivity and fights obesity
- May prevent and suppress cancer cells
- Provides anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties
There are several sources of resveratrol. You can find this substance in mulberries, grapes, and nuts.