Green fruits are not that common around the world. Obviously, I am talking about fruits that are green when ripe. This color is usually caused by retention of chlorophyll inside the fruit upon ripening.
Although this color may not be as appealing to your eye as red, yellow, or blue fruits, green fruits provide lots of benefits for your body. Hence you should make these a part of your daily diet.
Without any further delay, let me present you with the largest list of green fruits.
LIST OF GREEN FRUITS
IMAGE GALLERY OF GREEN FRUITS
BENEFITS OF GREEN FRUITS
Green fruits are not only tasty, but they are also full of beneficial substances for your body, such as:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
There are several other helpful substances present, but there are only trace amounts and that is why I have decided not to mention these in this article.
Vitamin A (more precisely its plant-based form called provitamin A or beta-carotene) is a very potent antioxidant that protects your body from harmful free radicals. Also, it is connected with these benefits:
- Protects your eyes from advanced age-related macular degeneration
- Promotes the good health of your bones and teeth
- Improves function of your immune system and white blood cells
- Reduces your cholesterol levels
- Prevents formation of urinary stones
- Promotes wound healing and tissue regeneration
- Promotes the health of your skin and soft tissue
- Reduces inflammation in your body
- Aids in reproduction and sperm health
You can find vitamin A also in brightly colored fruits such as cantaloupe, grapefruit, papaya, and apricots.
Vitamin C is a well-known substance. Vitamin C is a very potent antioxidant that protects your body from harmful free radicals.
Also, it is connected with these benefits:
- Improves iron absorption
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Reduction of high cholesterol
- Promotes function of white blood cells
- Important for the health of your skin, hair, and nails (delays aging process)
- Improves wound healing processes
- Stimulates collagen production
- Helps prevent cancer
- Aids in the treatment of osteoarthritis
- Promotes the health of your eyes
You can find vitamin C also in yellow or even red fruits, including guava, strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes, and papaya.
Vitamin E is a necessary substance that makes your body function well. Actually, it has several benefits:
- Promotes skin health and production of collagen
- Protects your eye health
- Helps to treat Alzheimer´s disease
- Provides anti-inflammatory properties
- Prevents formation of blood clots
There are countless benefits of vitamin E. Except for various nuts and seeds, you can find a lot of this substance in green fruits such as avocado.
FOLATE (NATURAL FORM OF SYNTHETIC FOLIC ACID)
A folate is a natural form of vitamin B9 that is available in various types of foods. Except helping your body to get rid of free radicals, this substance is connected with following benefits:
- Decreased risk of birth defects
- Minimized risk of depression
- Promotion of the health and function of the brain
- Maintaining a healthy heart
- Promotion of liver health
- Preservation of bone health
- Protection against the development of cancer
- Promotes fertility
You can find folate also in yellow fruits (bananas, papayas, oranges, and grapefruits) and in red fruits (strawberries or raspberries).
Chlorophyll is a green pigment available in various foods. It comes with several health benefits for your body:
- Helps your body to fight cancer
- Protects your liver and improves detoxification
- Improves wound healing and recovery
- Promotes weight control and digestion
- Increases red blood cells
As you can see, this plant-based green pigment is very useful so do not forget to add some ripe-green fruits into your daily diet.