REMEMBER: This Is The Comprehensive Guide to The DASH Diet! These Tips Helped Over 17,000 Readers! Principles, Useful Mobile Apps and Awesome Recipes INCLUDED!
Losing weight is a lifestyle change that often leads to feelings of healthier and sexier look. With a lot of ways to get skinny that are circling around the market these days, it can be quite difficult to find the one that will fit your overall well being the best!
- CLICK HERE to jump to the Dangers & Side-Effects!
The DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet should lower your blood pressure by reducing your sodium intake. By eating clean foods in the right portions, it can be beneficial for individuals who are looking to get skinny as well!
Acclaimed by Dr. Oz, this special diet is comprised of 2 different phases. What is more, this nutritional plan will enable you to achieve your goals simply by choosing the right stuff to eat!
The Most Common Side-Effects You Need to Know About!!!
Before I will tell you more about this diet it is crucial for you to know that there is a potentially dangerous side-effect you may face:
- Deprivation of sodium & chloride – These two elements are required for the survival of your organism and unfortunately, your body is not able to produce it on its own. While following this way of eating, you will be limiting your intake of sodium and chloride that could have detrimental effects on your overall health.
Aside from this one issue, the DASH diet is essentially a great way to make your body healthier. There have been little to no reports of harmful side-effects caused by this way of eating itself!
Pay attention: As with other weight loss programs, it is crucial to speak with your healthcare professional to ensure that it will be safe for you!
Your Ultimate Guide to Daily Servings You Need to Follow
While on this nutritional plan, there are specified sizes of your portions to help you eat the right amount of food. Although these restrictions may seem harsh, your body should still get enough good nutrients it needs to work properly.
Just follow this guide:
- Fruits & vegetables (11 servings) – For both categories you can classify a serving as half a cup.
- Grains & pasta (4 servings) – For grains, 1 slice of bread and ½ a cup of pasta or rice constitutes as one serving. Although this may seem limited, it is the perfect amount for one person!
- Low-fat dairy (2 servings) – With many yogurts and skim milk alternatives, finding these should be simple. One serving is equivalent to 1 cup.
- Nuts & legumes (2 servings) – Considering that nuts are generally high in fats, ¼ of a cup constitutes as appropriate size. Whereas with beans and legumes, ½ a cup is what you should look for.
- Meat, poultry & fish (1 serving) – The size of your palm is the amount of meat that you should be consuming on a daily basis. For those who prefer fish, you can eat a larger portion!
- Desserts & sweets (2 servings) – In order to prevent your body from cravings, you are allowed 2 desserts and sweets each day. This includes 1 cookie, 1 teaspoon of sugar, or 1 non-fat yogurt.
- Oils & fats (2 servings) – 1 Tablespoon of butter or oil is equivalent to one portion. This also covers salad dressings and anything you use to cook your vegetables!
- Your extra choice (1 serving) – An additional pick of any of the aforementioned categories can constitute as one serving of your choice.
3 Best Sources of Daily DASH Diet Meal Plans & Menus Worth Following
Source #1 – Health.gov
[Recommended: 10 Superfoods That Will Boost Your Health]
The first source on my list is website Health.gov which offers an all-inclusive 7-day meal plan that outlines what you should choose for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It even includes ideas what you can have as snacks!
From precise food up to their serving sizes, this is a great resource for everyone who is looking for a complex support & guide to the DASH diet! What is more, this website also provides you with a numbers of total amount of nutrients that you will ingest on a daily basis!
Pay attention: You can see weekly and daily meals at – Health.gov
Source #2 – DASHDietOregon.org
With the ability to use specified tracker to keep track of your success, DASHDietOregon.org shares with you many resources if you are a beginner! You can:
- Create shopping lists.
- Set your own personal weight loss goals.
- See how many calories are recommended for your gender & age.
What is more, all this is created separately for three various calorie programs, including: 1600 cal., 2000 cal. as well as 2600 cal.
Pay attention: You can get this great food list and much more at – DASHDietOregon.org
Source #3 – Nhlbi.Nih.gov
For DASH followers who are looking for a more in-depth approach to what you will be ingesting and how it will benefit you, this website is the source that you should be using. You will get:
- Eating plan.
- Precise food examples.
- Daily serving sizes.
- Amounts of sodium.
Not only that! Nhlbi.Nih.gov also gives you many tips pertaining to how to lower your salt intake and keep it down – even when dining out!
Pay attention: Get complete meal plan from – Nhlbi.Nih.gov
5 Very Helpful Tools at Your Disposal
Tool #1 – The Food Pyramid
Everyone can benefit from the use of a pyramid. The one that was created for DASH diet is a useful tool that can be printed out and carried with you or even posted on your desk at work.
With the categories of stuff that you are allowed to eat, the permitted serving sizes, and the amount that you should eat, it is an all-in-one comprehensive guide to weight loss!
Pay attention: You can find source of detailed pyramid right here – Scidiv.BellevueCollege.edu
Tool #2 – Handout PDF
Prior to beginning any dietary technique you should have a resource that will tell you all about the program and how it can improve your body and lifestyle.
This handout PDF provides you with articles relating to what this plan is, the changes that you can expect, and how it will help you to achieve your goals of losing pounds.
Pay attention: You can download this free PDF handout from – Nhlbi.nih.gov
Tool #3 – Diet Shopping Food List
Rather than having to create one on your own, you can have a complete shopping list that includes:
- Frozen foods
- Packaged snacks
- Condiments, etc.
All you have to do is to print it out and bring it with you to the grocery store.
Pay attention: You can get this shopping list for free at – DASHDietOregon.com
Tool #4 – Useful Android App
The DASH Diet Pro is an extremely comprehensive guide to this way of eating that you can download on your Android device for a mere $0.99!
This app helps you to monitor your weight loss goal, your daily intake of many nutrients, and it gives you interesting meals that you can create to keep things interesting.
With many recipes to choose from, you will undoubtedly satiate your palate with the use of this great application.
Pay attention: You can get it right here – Play.Google.com
Tool #5 – Mobile iPhone Application
MyDASHDiet is available for $2.99 from the iTunes App Store and shares with you easy tools that can help you with getting skinier.
More precisely, it shows you various foods that you can eat as well as with the ability to keep track of what you ingest on a daily basis to ensure that you stay within allowed sodium, fat, and calorie levels.
Pay attention: This application is downloadable here – iTunes.Apple.com
3 Tasty Recipes You Will Love!
Recipe #1 – Gingery Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 Oz. of dried soba noodles
- ¼ Cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion
- 1 Cup of shelled edamame
- 1 Tbs. of fresh ginger
- 1 Peeled & finely chopped carrot
- 1 Clove of minced garlic
- 4 Cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 Tablespoons of sodium-free soy sauce
- 1 Pound of chopped skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Cup of plain soy milk
13 Directions to Tasty Meal
- Fill pot with ¾ water and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook until tender!
- Drain and set aside.
- Warm olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Place onion on it and sautee until soft!
- Then throw in ginger and carrot.
- Mix in garlic and sautee for 30 seconds.
- Add stock and soy sauce to saucepan and bring these to boil.
- Place there chicken and edamame as well and return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer until the meat is cooked.
- Place soba noodles and soy milk into the pot, cook until heated through but do not let it boil!
- Remove from heat, stir in cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
See original recipe here – MayoClinic.com
Recipe #2 – Greek Salad
- 1 Tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. of lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons of chopped oregano
- ½ Ts. of salt
- ¼ Ts. of black pepper
- 2 ½ Tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Large eggplant, trimmed & cut into cubes
- 1 Pound stemmed spinach
- 1 Peeled & diced cucumbers
- 1 Seeded tomato
- ½ Red onion
- 2 Tablespoons of pitted black olives
- 2 Tbs. of feta cheese
7 Directions to Follow
- Preheat oven to 450 F., coat baking sheet with olive oil.
- Spread eggplant on it, roast for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden!
- In a separate bowl, whisk vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt, & pepper.
- While whisking, pour in olive oil.
- In a large bowl toss spinach, cucumber, tomato, onion, and eggplant (once cooled).
- Add salad dressing and toss gently.
- Serve immediately!
See original recipe right here – MayoClinic.com
MUST READS That Will Help:
- 7 Immunity Boosters That Will Help You Fight Diseases
- The 8 Most Effective Exercises for Full Body Weight Loss
- 8 Best Ways to Lose Belly Fat Naturally
Recipe #3 – Banana-Oatmeal Hot Cakes with Spiced Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup of maple syrup
- ½ Stick of cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- ½ Rolled oats
- 1 Cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. of canola oil
- ½ Cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1 & ½ Teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ Ts. of salt
- Half cup of plain white flour
- ¼ Ts. of ground cinnamon
- 1 Peeled & mashed banana
- 1 Lightly beaten egg
- ¼ Cup of fat-free yogurt (plain)
8 Simple Directions
- Combine oats & water in a bowl, microwave it on high until they are creamy.
- Stir in brown sugar & canola oil, let cool!
- In a separate bowl, combine both flours, baking soda & powder, ground cinnamon & salt.
- Mix in milk, yogurt & banana to the oats and stir until well blended!
- Beat in the egg & add flour to oats.
- Use a non-stick pan on medium heat and pour batter into it.
- Cook pancakes until lightly browned!
- Drizzle with syrup & serve!
See original recipe here – MayoClinic.com
3 Great Books on This Issue
Book #1 – The DASH Diet Weight Loss Solution
Written by nutrition expert Marla Heller, this effective book was firstly published in 2012 and has already been acclaimed by many critics.
With her never-before-seen NIH research, author brings to readers in this all-in-one guide to eating clean and losing body size, various:
- Menu plans
- Shopping lists
What is more, it has around 240 pages that are divided into 4 parts and 16 really interesting chapters!
Pay attention: Find out more about this book on Amazon.com!
Book #2 – The DASH Diet Action Plan
Also written by Marla Heller, her work shows readers how this stands out from other fad diets currently on the market.
Firstly published in 2007 (reedited & republished as a hard copy in 2011) this 220 pages long source of amazing information will keep you interested and motivated to maintain this way of eating.
Known as the most effective and easy bestselling program, this comprehensive guide includes everything you need to lose weight in a healthy manner.
Pay attention: Check out the detailed content of this book on Amazon.com.
Book #3 – The Everyday DASH Diet Cookbook
As the third installment to Marla Heller, this cookbook presents over 150 healthy recipes that you and your family can indulge in.
This one is rather new as it was published in 2013. What is more, with approximately 203 pages you will be able to find out many meal ideas that will include categories such as: Breakfasts, soups & chowders, big & small salads, meats, poultry, seafood, vegetarian dishes, side dishes or even desserts!
With normal recipes that kids love and more refined ones for sophisticated palates, the options are relatively endless with the use of this amazing book.
Pay attention: Check out what is inside this book at Amazon.com!
2 Great Sources of Before & After Pictures with User Results
Source #1 – DASHForHealth.com
This first source provides some useful feedback of other people who have participated in this eating change.
What is more, it gives you the opportunity to read stories of how much body mass people have lost and the amount of time that it took them to get rid of it.
[Also Read This: Will The Venus Factor System by John Barban Work for You?]
With the help of these testimonials, you can get an idea of how long it may take you to shed some pounds on this special diet.
Pay attention: See user testimonials at – DASHForHealth.com
Source #2 – MyFitnessPal.com
With a user-friendly interface, this site is created in the style of a message board so that dieters can converse with one another and share their success stories.
Each member is able to track and share their progress using a MyFitnessPal weight loss bar!
Using this website will help you talk with others who are on the DASH diet as well and they can make sure you stay motivated.
Also, you can share your personal experience and swap recipes to make your journey for skinny body much simpler.
Pay attention: You can see more results at – MyFitnessPal.com
Staying focused on a diet can be difficult without inspiration of success stories by others who have tried the same program. Luckily these two sources can be used to keep you motivated towards losing any extra weight by showing you successful results of users who already used this.